The Black Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black Beauty

i started on the old girl yesterday, the long awaited transformation into top spec group 4 rallycar from nice steady roadgoing car.

Hopefully i will not be writing about it this time next year as the plan is to have it completed during the summer months and hopefully getting it up to Donington for national day.

The Fabricator is due on saturday to discuss the four link / Round turret, new floorpans, Panhard rod and the full welded in S/D rollcage (welded in to the turrets).
    to those who have gone before me with this type of project, please have patience with me as i will no doubt ask all the usual daft questions, however hopefully i will end up with what i have always hankered for. (I never had the heart to do it to the white RS (i.e. Andons)

i will keep you all updated with pics and info, however i now enter the temple that is my garage, I have said goodbye to the wife, Kid, and Dog and told them that i will emerge (sideways) with the finished article in the fall of this year. (or when Tony Christie is no longer number 1 in the charts, whichever is sooner!).

cheeRS
    sigpic

You know the Golden Rule Graham - loads of pics along the way !

You say Donington National Day/Weekend

Do you mean you will be on track ?
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Hopefully on track.

Probably on the mic (i havent forgotten Dave !) on the saturday and hopefully out on track at some point.
      Someones got to show you boys how to get a drift through redgate and out the other side down the craners.............
      loads of photos to follow over the next few months, keep the encouragement coming (and the advice)
      sigpic

Comment

thats the hammer Graham i am so glad to hear this, the beast lives on and will come back fighting,
        as for the white one i am taking good care of her, she is slowly getting some money spent on her (all sensible mods obviously). its a shame those rolltops you got are in a state, as a nice set is top of my list. the engine bay stays as it is for now, as i want to give her a few runs first.
        anyway good luck, keep us posted with pics etc.

good luck mate!!!!

Comment

Hi andrew,
          yes, the beast will live on, this time even more meaner and leaner.
          Good to hear that the white one is doing well (i have been following your progress)- she looks gorgeous in the recent photos and glad that even your other half has now come around to liking the RS.

will keep you all posted.................

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

13mm socket wanted

Ah Well,
            Monday evening, no skin left on knuckles of either hand.
            Managed to strip the following.
            Prop, rear shocks, rear trailing arms, Exhaust (like fighting a great white !)
            complete interior, fuel lines, anti dive/ double width/ and ARB (like fighting TWO great whites) rad, Ex manifold, washer bottle, hoses, starter, alternator, and loads of minor bits all carefully cleaned and put aside. Not a bad days work, the fabricator also came and agreed a date for the turrets, four link, panhard, Turret - linked roll cage and a few floor panels / general welding repairs etc.

Engine is basically ready for lifting out, however cannot get the (twin 45) dellortos off as the top centre inlet manifold nut is recessed - anybody got a "slim" 13mm socket to fit in to the recess ??(genuine plea)

will post some pics later,

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

some pics ............

[IMG]http//img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/GrahamJohn/rs2000031.jpg[/IMG]

[
              [IMG]http:/img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/GrahamJohn/rs2000016.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]htt://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/GrahamJohn/rs2000008.jpg[/IMG]

Will post some more when the skin grows back on my knuckles, off to lift the engine now........

cheeeRS
              sigpic

Comment

keep it up m8 you will get there in the end ...i have ...just...lol
                sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

thanks for the encouragement,
                  keep you posted............

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

Graham Hi, looks like we both got sorted eventually, couldn,t help but notice, that car has a N/S Remote mirror, any plans for it, if not, if its complete, sour point i know,,, would happily buy it off you,

Comment

nice one Graham, finished for Next month then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit
                        nice one Graham, finished for Next month then ?

i dont think sooooooooo

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

what BHP do we reckon the car would of had with all the mods you have found Graham.. any ideas guys

Comment

Looking good so far graham :thumbup:
                            keep it up m8
                            an get some thin tight fitting leather gloves kinky i know lol
                            believe me saves ur knuckles

Cheers
                            Neil

Comment

Hi neil,
                              yep, the marigolds are in the garage, trouble is she thinks i am doing the washing up
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X