Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Spring rate Change ?

What would you recommend for day to day road use not teeth rattling

front springs 145lb ? and the rear 116lb ? i dont want it to bounce around all over the place but I still want it to handle I have Bilsteins back and front and they are new I want the back lowered 1-2 inch but without lowering blocks !!!!!!

Cheers
    Brian

25 looks and no replies come on fellas :cry:

Comment

42 now and still no answer :-(

Comment

Hi Brian,
        I have the same set up as you, bilsteins front and rear. I have got 145lb lowered 1 inch front springs, 116lb single leaf rear with 1.5 inch lowering blocks. I am also using superflex bushes throughout the whole car. I also have an anti-dive double width kit, quick rack and alloy roller top mounts.
        In my opinion this is a good fast road set up without being too hard. This is almost identical to the group1 set up. Tried and tested it works well.
        Hope this helps.
        CheeRS Ders.

Comment

spring rates

how hard do you like it ???? :lol: i meen firm ride or soft , a road car suspension does not have to be anywhere near as stiff as a race car 145 fronts and 116 sounds ok fora road car to me i had a 2litre eng in it and tried 170 lowered 1" and it handled superb but was a little stiff , on my mex i have coil overs and the fronts are 225 and the rear is 146 , but i handles great on track and is an excellent fast road car (no at all stiff just subtle)

have you uprated any of your bushes ?? try deflex poly ones if not it will make the car drive like new old rubber ones just wear out and it will make the car feel the trying to drive custard (wobbling all over )

let me know how you get on i you need any more help just ask 8-)

Comment

thanks for the replies fellas

I have 200lb + on the front with 300/60 billys and the rear are CD8's very hard dont know what but would suit a rally car, with unknown rate billys on the back but the springs are pulling my fillings out and over stressing the bodywork, its great at 132 mph (i know iwas clocked by a GPZ 1000 the other day) 8-)

but I need to dive this everyday and need decent handling with a bit of comfort too ? dont want much hey

Comment

Working...
            X