Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk1 RS2000

Hi all,

I'm still trying to find that MKII RS2000 that I heard was lying in a barn, my pal (who knows about it) isn't around at the mo so just waiting......

In the meantime, as I posted before, I did find this Mk1 c/w OHC engine etc.
    I don't wanna restore a Mk1, I'd much rather have a Mk2. However, everything points towards this car below as being a Mk1 RS2000. According to DVLA's website engine capacity is stated at 2000cc.....and right now I'm trying to aquire the vehicle and get the docs.

So, my idea is to do nothing to the car, maybe wash it only and stick it on Ebay. However, first I gotta see if it's really an RS shell......any hints/tips here? What to look for?

More here:-

Ian.

this link should help you out.
    😯

Comment

Update:-

Compared with the RS2000 MK1 buyers guide explaining what to look for......and compared with my photos.

1. It does have the studs for the "deflector" on the boot floor.

2. It does have black cloth roof lining.

3. It looks like it has the rear axle radius arms....photos not too good, will have to look again at car.

4. It does have the strut top plates.

PS. There are no VIN plates.

Any ideas what this car may be worth.....would love to put it on Ebay.

Ian.

Comment

Certainly seems to tick all the RS2 boxes ... it has got the anti-tramp bars by the looks of the back axle brackets at least......but boy is that a big project.

Mk2 RS Member : 332 and RSOC Member : 5608

Comment

Shell doesn't look too bad though. How long has it been standing? A VERY long time by the look of it. I just sold on behalf of a mate a completely rotten MK1 RS2 for £900. It was completely ****ed.
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Hi,

It doesn't look too bad in the pics.....but the drivers floorwell you could pass a football through......on the other hand the boot and spare wheel well look fine.

Been standing for a good fews years......certainly it's not been on the road for 14 years.

Ian.

Comment

Working...
            X