RS2 finally on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 finally on the road

Well its finally on the road after a few additions to the original plan.

Bought the car last september,having been stood for unknown amount of time.
    On first inspection it didnt seem to need much,so i thought id just do the basics to get it useable.
    The further i got the more i found :twisted:
    Spent the next two weeks worth of evenings welding.
    It had had strut tops replaced badly so I flushed them in and painted the engine bay.
    Whilst it was in the air I was offered a W-cup x member,then i got hold of some 2.8 front legs complete with brakes(actually ended up owning a whole car for spares)
    next was a double width anti-dive and a set of poly-bushes all round.
    Then the wheels came up,set of five,apparently mag with colway formula 2's fitted (almost new) they came off a caterham and i cannot say what they cost but they were cheap.

There was only 1 bolt in the bellhousing and everything else was loose as if it had recently been robbed of all its goodies.

Once it was back on its wheels it was time to sort the wiring

Turns out the cars had a fire at some point and half of the wiring loom has been replaced (badly).
    Nothing worked and things worked when they shouldnt,the only thing it did was run.

Having sorted the wiring the interior went back in and i was running the car to check the heater when it coughed back and snapped the cam-belt
    !!AT TICK-OVER!!
    Went to do the belt and the water pump was also U/S
    Replace the fuel pipes and the fuel pump started to leak from a bodged repair from its shady past.

But ive now been driving the car for two weeks and it going great,so im looking to book my first track-day in it.

Cheap hosting and free web tools. Build your website with our easy webpage builder, web tools, web services, and free website content.

Im a bit confused about the car because it is a '77 with roll-tops and white needle dash, but it has got a clock pod and custom door cards.
    I know things get changed over the years, but the cut-out for the clock pod is original.
    So is the car a base or a custom?
    it just says RS2000 on logbook.

Ive still got most of the Capri,interior(cloth) etc,I need to look in to the diff
    and if its a slipper then ill use it,but the rest of its there for breaking.

Thanks for the use of the uploader banishit! :multi: :multi:

no probs

looks well but any chance you could take some piccies in daylight 8-) :grin:

Comment

Lowscorts - sorry i never got back 2 u last November when i was going to come and look at the car. I eventually bought an S reg rs2000 from a guy in Sunderland which I've had many hours of 'fun' with. Sounds like u did right keeping it!

cheeRS, Jason.
      Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Lowscorts - how's the car coming on?

Comment

RS

Haven't been on the board for a while, but the cars now on the road (would say finished but they never are).
          Have been using it every day since its mot in May.
          Its now got:-
          a pair of 45's
          2.8 front legs+brakes with ebc greens
          Wcxm
          double width anti dive
          polybushes fitted to front(rear yet to do)
          Black 6x13 minilights with colway formula 2's
          pair of harness's
          K+N breather,
          Cheap hosting and free web tools. Build your website with our easy webpage builder, web tools, web services, and free website content.

And because its my daily car I have decided to sell it as ive found a three door cos for reasonable money,which would be more suitable for the 55 miles I have to do each day.

Just not really sure what its worth, as its not immaculate but it is now solid and would make an ideal track car.

Give us a clue?

Cheers
          Rob

Just got the capri to get out of mothballs next!!

Comment

How much u thinking for the car as i have a mate who may be interested.

We saw it at ford fair on sunday!

Comment

Working...
            X