Crap in my Carbs ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap in my Carbs ????

My car is playing up. Basically after running it very low on fuel i think i've got some crap in my carbs but where? Its a pinto on twin 45s and i,ve got it to idle but it wont rev. Last time i used it ,when it ran very low on fuel ,i filled it up but it kept cutting out if i didn,t keep the revs up.There is plenty coming out of the facet pump and plenty coming out of the fuel regulator. There doesn,t seem to be any crap in the float bowls so where do you think the blockage will be ???
    Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers Gaz

Sorry, wrong section i meant to put this in Tech Queries LOL

Comment

take the big brass nut off the top of the carb where the pipe goes in. there should be a filter in there. remove them and throw as far as poss!!!
      sigpic GC Automotive
      Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

Sounds like a plan. I take it they're a bloody pain then ?

Comment

they,re ok when new but seem to block easy. try cleaning them out and refitting if you've no other fuel filter fitted. there is a posibility of stuck needle valve or incorect float heights. may be worth taking the top covers off and cleaning the carbs out. take all the jets etc out and blow through with compessed air. i've come across chokes fitted wrong causing the carb to only run on idle jets!! took a while to find that miss fire!!!
          sigpic GC Automotive
          Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

Thanks mate. I'll have a look

Comment

Working...
            X