Base RS2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base RS2000

hello everyone, thought i would finally get round to putting some pictures up of my rs that i bought last christmas. ive been a member for ages (not the highest contributor i know) so thought the least i could do was a few pictures. first time ive ever done anything like this so will have a shed load of stupid questions to ask you lot! should have been getting on with it of course, but now its in the garage hopefully i can get a bit done over christmas.

Its not been on the road since 1993 and is a 1979 V Rs2000 base in diamond white. no BVR but a hefty sized hole in the roof for a britax(?) sunroof. has had plenty of patches and needs plenty more, but from what i have seen on other cars its not the worst in the world.

hoping to make a nice usable car out of this that still looks like a base, but as i said before how i get on could very much depend on how competant i end up being at this lark

Thats the hole in the roof and am in two minds what to do to be honest, quite like the full length sunroof, but realise it would be a more appealing car without it. came witha roof skin but dont know whether its genuine or an expressed part. bloke who sold it said genuine, but then he said lots of things!

A few pitures of holes that werent supposed to be in from new

Theres a few more than that and a few badly done (could soon be a hypocrite) patches. but got myself a welder and been practicing so getting to someting a like a level where i would start on the car
    just a couple of questions i have, where should i get panels from? im fancying some full length inner wing tops (like ruddys) and i know they are expressed panels, but should i get other panels from there? they seem a bit more expensive but are they any better than the likes of hadrian? im happy to pay the extra if expressed are better, as i think i need to start with some good bits if i hope to make a good job!

Anyhow lads youve been a great help already without even knowing it, hope i can crack on with this and maybe it can be of some use to other first time restorers! thanks joe

that looks pretty good even the kick panels have lasted well

Comment

got some work to do there but it's not too bad seen alot worse
      good luck with it and keep those pics coming

Comment

seen a lot worse, much worse in fact, but good luck with the build, plenty of good help available on here,

keep the pics coming,

cheeRS
        sigpic

Comment

agree not to bad, good luck
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Base's are the best mate , stick with it , cheers, Paul
            sigpic

Comment

Keep up the good work

Don't fall off your bike.... It Hurts

Comment

keep it up

Comment

Bases r the RS1800 of the future

Bases r the RS1800's of the future

but dont tell anyone as they will all want one !

Comment

Looks a good one. Good luck

CheeRS
                    Martin

Comment

isnt that an expressed roof lark?? im sure i heard they can be a bit flatter than a gen ford

Comment

cheers a lot lads, it nice to hear from other people you havent bought a nail
                        got friday off work so hopefully can spend a bit of time on it and remove the front panel maybe even think about some welding.
                        cheers joe

Comment

as for the roof skin, i dont know, it had a sticker on but like an idiot i rubbed it to clean it and now cant read it at all!
                          has anyone on here had a roof skin from expressed fitted to thier car?
                          cheers joe

Comment

i bought and fitted an expressd skin. it was well flat!!! the guy said "it might need a bit of stopper in it"!!! i cut it back off and it went in the skip!!
                            picked a skin off a 4 door instead
                            not being funny but a roof skin swap aint a job for a beginer.
                            sigpic GC Automotive
                            Repairs & Restoration tel-07805611316

Comment

Doesn't look bad at all. Just bought a pair of the wing tops myself but not arrived yet. Bit pricey but are supposed to be bob on.
                              Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                              X