Suggesting a restorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggesting a restorer

hi Guys - been pointed in your direction by a mate from the AVO board. I've got a fairly tidy Mk1 Mexico but it does need some restoration work doing now otherwise we are headed for basket case territiory in a few years.

I've got all the known panels needed but I am struggling to find someone to do the main panelwork for me - I'm in Peterborough but I don't mind travelling some way if necessary provided I can get a decent result. Just don't suggest the Outer Hebrides please!

She requires some TLC to the nearside generally; a patch in the front wing, door replacing and nearside rear arch and spare wheel well inner and outer replacing along with the nearside centre chassis rail. Needs some work on the bulkhead and as she will be used for competition I can legally double skin it and gusset as well.

At the same time I want to fit turrets. At the end of all this she'll need a respray as well, I'm inclined to go for a full bare shell respary as patching it is not going to be good.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Richard
    sigpic

Drop Charlie Chisholm a pm
    sigpic

Comment

welcome to the site richard ........
      PAUL

Comment

Hi guys - been lurking for a while actually..............

Already spoken to Charlie and he can't take it on for the moment so I'm still looking unfortunately because in my mind Charlie is "THE" bloke to take it on.
        Richard
        sigpic

Comment

Are there no good recommendations on the AVO site or have they just locked the thread yet again?

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

pm 167 awo (Will Onion) he mentioned some1 to me on sunday about shell prep as hes havin a mk2 Gp4 at the moment

Comment

Thanks Tim.

AVO Club are now doing it all by PM and no one seems to want to stick their head over the parapet for me (possibly as I am one of the moderators on the board ).
              Richard
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rallyman72 View Post
                Thanks Tim.

AVO Club are now doing it all by PM and no one seems to want to stick their head over the parapet for me (possibly as I am one of the moderators on the board ).

PAUL

Comment

Thanks Tim.

I know how you feel

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Thanks Tim.

as soon as you find one richard give us a shout .....
                    PAUL

Comment

Paul

Will do - your in my neck of the woods - sort of - home of Robin Hood isn't it.

I used to live in West Bridgford.............

Having got to know quite a few of the AVO boys better of late they are a decent bunch if a bit intimidating at first - at least I found it that way when I joined 10 years ar so ago. Time flies

Club members attitudes change as well - even though my love is rallying (road and stage since the 1970's) and the Mk1 in particular (although I 'could' be persuaded to use other cars as I have access to a Peugeot 306 S16 and a Lancia Stratos replica) it did seem for a long time that I didn't 'fit' their club. Thanks to efforts from a number of folk that is changing and there is a realisation that we all love the cars even if some of us regularly throw them at the scenery. I mean they can't be that bad if they'll now have a self confessed rally nut on the committee can they?
                      Richard
                      sigpic

Comment

and ive got a big stick to poke people with next year

Comment

how bout roy the boy or mexico mark, although both are busy they may give you advice on who to use
                          sigpic

Comment

Had a long chat with Mexico Mark at the NEC - he actually put me off the guy I was going to use.
                            Richard
                            sigpic

Comment

Had a long chat with Mexico Mark at the NEC - he actually put me off the guy I was going to use.
                              who was it goin to be richard?

what about alimax in wales,he turns out nice cars

Comment

Working...
                              X