PFX will return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFX will return

Some of you may remember seeing my car at various shows and trackdays over the years and wondered what had happened as it hasn't been seen now for about 3 years. Well it is still in my posession and undergoing a small restoration. The years of abuse and general old age have taken their toll (on myself more than the car) and a bit of a tidy up was needed. I'm also trying to improve the performance so it now has a roll cage and 4 link kit. There is no engine at present but I need to look for maximum power on a modest budget. The end result I am looking for is a track day car I can still use on the road when the mood takes me. I've enjoyed many trips to Wales and Scotland (not using motorways) for the regional days and I want to continue to do so. Enjoy the photos. I have no plan for when the car will be finished but if everything goes well it could be back on the road in 2009.
    Attached Files
    sigpic 1976 RS2000

as a flat fronter though

Comment

good luck

Comment

another oldie gone, good luck with it

Comment

keep posting plenty of pics.......

good luck,

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrs View Post
            as a flat fronter though

with arches by the looks of it

Comment

keep up the good work m8 i can see this will be a proper tool when its done

Comment

Update

Unbelievably after almost 9 months the car doesn't look much different but actually a lot of work has been done and the shell is now ready for painting. Most of the rust damage had been repaired last year but there was still some corrosion in the chassis rails and spring hangers that has now been repaired. A new tank well has been fitted. There was a lot of time spent getting the engine and gearbox fitted with engine mounts and gearbox mounts needing to be fabricated. The transmission tunnel is now much bigger along the complete length and new strengtheners welded in to keep it all together. The seat rails and seat mounts took a couple of weeks but now mean I can fit recaro sports seats or racing buckets and are super strong. I've not taken many pictures but I'll add some more while the shell gets prepped for painting.
                Attached Files
                sigpic 1976 RS2000

Comment

Making some progress

I've had the car back from the painters for a while and started to build it all up. This should be the most enjoyable part but its difficult to get back into the swing of it. There are still some bits to fabricate, all the hoses and pipes to sort out and the part I'm worried most about, the wiring. The engine has been installed. Its a Honda S2000 for those wondering.

The exhaust manifold has been modified so that it fits around the steering column and the following photos show the engine mounts, the exhaust being fitted and the Honda heat shield that I will keep.

Finally a couple of the interior showing the size of the gearbox tunnel needed to clear the Honda 6 speeder.

I hope I'm not going to take too much flack for the choice of engine but there a few others on this site with similar projects. Feel free to make comments (I know you will) and if you have fitted this engine or are in the process get in touch about any problems you have encountered.
                  sigpic 1976 RS2000

Comment

looks stunning Graham

And the choice of engine..............spot on

Comment

looking very good there, nice to see different engines sitting in a mk2, very clever
                      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

looks neatly done what kind of power would you get with that engine ,will it run carbs and as to choice of engine its your car ,your choice

Comment

pfx

Big transformation graham!!! looking total different to when I saw the car!! the nosecone has been put to good use and the idf's will be fitted to the car one day

regards john

Comment

Originally posted by rsjohn1 View Post
                            Big transformation graham!!! looking total different to when I saw the car!! the nosecone has been put to good use and the idf's will be fitted to the car one day

regards john
                            was woundering where the nosecone went

Comment

The cars looking good in the pics, even better in the flesh!

Stu.

Comment

Working...
                              X