Roll Over Spit/Jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Over Spit/Jig

With the restoration of my beloved iminemently on the horizon, I will be in need of a few parts...

Does anyone know where I can get a spit for reasonable money. I know the usual eBay Sh*te is available from £85 up. Do any of you guys have experience of these or is there a "trusted" brand I should be looking for?

If I don't go to Rally day on Saturday, the initial stripdown will commence. This will be my first resto project so I am sure that I will be bugging you all for advice and support (especially you Kel!). Yes I am a little nervous!

Pics and updates will of course be posted regularly.

Cheers
    Blob
    sigpic Blob

24 Hours in a day, 24 Beers in a case... Coincidence?

tims got one for sale,in non rs parts i think,my heads not working
    sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Tim's the man for one of these.
      Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

always here to help !

got the next few weekends free

Comment

Also very interested in a spit.Where abouts does the jig get bolted on to car and is there a problem using one in a standard width garage as there must be a minimum size for clearance when turning the car over?
          Just do not want to start welding on my back and getting splatter down my arms and in my face.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer View Post
            Also very interested in a spit..!!!

heres one.............................

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

Fastforward to 0:55 ...

[youtube]SXn2QVipK2o[/youtube]

Comment

Vroom!!! NO Room

Comment

Originally posted by jimmer View Post
                  Also very interested in a spit.Where abouts does the jig get bolted on to car and is there a problem using one in a standard width garage as there must be a minimum size for clearance when turning the car over?
                  Just do not want to start welding on my back and getting splatter down my arms and in my face.!!!
                  Don't blame you - there is nothing worse than getting out of the shower with a rusty chest!

I think that you need about 6' clearance. I have the use of one now (has been ordered from eBay so I will let you know when I have tried it out. It fixes to the bumper mounts.

B
                  sigpic Blob

24 Hours in a day, 24 Beers in a case... Coincidence?

Comment

Thanks very much.Iv'e got loads of welding to do on the underside as my cars been bodged.

Comment

Working...
                    X