Rs2000 Refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs2000 Refurb

Some pics of my MK2 RS2000 and the story behind it..

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I bought this car out of England in 2000 fully restored new re-trim in the correct beta new 2.1 Burton built engine and a load of new parts suspension,brakes group1 rims etc it was 99% finished did the bits and pieces to complete it the way i wanted and did the local shows for two years until i got an offer i couldnt refuse £7500- five years ago this was top money for a MK2.
    The guy who bought it is a local rally driver and very wealthy he basically didnt use the car for the five years it was still registered in my name.A few months back he sold to his brother in law who had the car about a month and he then traded it as part payment towards a Subaru rally car at a cost of £250,000.The car then was sent to a local body shop for a tidy up when i heard this i went had a look and bought it back for the same as what i sold it for.
    So engine out engine bay and under bonnet painted,black redone on the sills,small scuff on the lower quarter repainted and the roof repainted and the whole car machine polished.
    Brought it home cleaned it up and thats the pics you see needs the engine refitted a few bits powder coated and thats basically it it.
    Since taking it home ive had an offer from a mate which again i could refuse so its off to a new home soon.
    Who knows it may come back again.

Cheers Sean..

thats a nice motor mate
    sigpic

Comment

nice lookin car mate , like the wheels , are they the grp 1's which will be the new 7's for 2008

Comment

Looks lovley Sean, will you be taken it to jct1 next weekend?, also has the club any more shows lined up this year?
        regards,
        Gerard.

Comment

that didnt last long Sean, you said you were keeping it this time ?

Comment

taffr yes group 1 rims supposed to have been the last new set sold by Ford dont know if its true or not but sounds good and they have never been refurbished.

Gerard wont be finished for then-only you can build cars that quick and i will be away that weekend-anniversary.The club has no more dates set but may attend some other shows not arranged by us.

Brian when Franks buying its hard to refuse in this case his money talks very loudly.......have first refusal if he sells it so it may come back but he says hes keeping it.

Cheers Sean........

Comment

fair enough LOL

Comment

a very tasty looking RS you got there

Comment

sweet colour mate shame u couldn't refuse the lure of the pound notes, u won't find find a better one.
                  Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

very nice car,

cheeRS
                    sigpic

Comment

very very nice m8, Great Colour, be a shame to sell.
                      sigpic

Comment

oooooooo nice rs
                        sigpic

Comment

well done sean looks nice pity you sold her great car that

Comment

i remember frank saying he wouldnt sell certain cars but they got sold..like that savge s1 turbo he had...is that still about..never got to see it but was told about it

Comment

Working...
                            X