No announcement yet.

resto pics i ment to put up ages ago!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resto pics i ment to put up ages ago!!

ive been meaning to put up pics of the resto and rebuild of this old mk2 rally car form start to finish for soo long that its now finished and ive lost the pics from when he first got it !

it belongs to brian who works with me at the garage and its taken a shed load of work and 3 years to get it to where it is just now.
    i'll not go into the full story as i'll be here all night!

heres a quick spec:-

skidded floors/chassis, double skinned floor pans, modded bulkhead, full cage, linked turreted rear, panhard rod, coilovers all round, polly bushed or rose joints used, anti dive kit, discs all round, plate lsd, 8 and 9 by 13 weller 8 spoke wheels, alloy fuel tank, firewalled, fibre glass doors, bonnet and boot spoiler, tinted polly windows except windscreen, standard VAUXHALL XE running on mbe management and twin 40 webbers, 4 branch manaifold with home made exhaust..............

hes just going to be a total hoooligan in it just like his last mk2 which he broke on a daily basis so have fun brian!

anyway heres some pics!

that looks a a bit of animal !!!!!!!!!

Comment

he will have fun in that............

cheeRS
      sigpic

Comment

if he drives it like his last mk2 then he'll be nuts in it!
        hes got a habbit of breaking/blowing things ( 3 pinto camshafts, 1 pinto engine, 1 2.8 v6 engine, 1 zetec engine, 2 gearboxes, one axel, 2 exhausts! in about a year!) and thats road use! so we'll see how long the xe lasts in there!

im going to try and get him to an sose track night at knockhill to see what hes like, should be funny, hes got no fear lol
        cheeRS

Comment

i like that alot

Comment

i like that looks the dogs pods
            sigpic

Comment

looks like one of those supafast matchbox cars , wicked

Comment

very nice

Comment

looking like a fun machine, even with the wrong engine LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                    looking like a fun machine, even with the wrong engine LOL
                    lol youve got to give it some credit for having a cosworth designed cylinder head!

i cant complain about vauxhalls, im quite partial to an opel manta or kadett, even the girlfriends got a mk1 astra gte as her second car!
                    cheeRS

Comment

Working...
                    X