YUE's Engine is out at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YUE's Engine is out at last!

Got home from National Day, and was inspired to finish removing the engine from the Mex (only started to do it two months ago!!)

is that a home made crane ?

and did you take the engine out with the car on the ground ? must have been hard

brian

Comment

No had the car on wheel ramps, but lowered the front back down when we hoisted it out. I know the crane looks home made but it is a mate of mine's who I think has had it handed down to him through the generations!! Did the job ok so i'm not complaining!

Comment

Must have been tough, though, judging by all that blood on the engine block!

Comment

Yeah it was like a scene from Kill Bill!!! (Going to have to paint it blue me thinks before it goes back in!)

Comment

... then when you get Prince Charles to give you a lift back in with it, the blood won't show up?

Comment

Wah-hey mate, didn't think this day would come!!! get your wallet out now.... the spending has only just begun!
              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Don't Jay, I was flicking through Burton's catalogue last night and the shopping list is getting bigger!!!

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, My car's sister in crime
                  Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Surprised you didnt remove your bulkhead sound pad before you started.

They are that fragile the slightest knock and they snap !
                    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Your right Dave, I should have taken it off before hand. We were lucky though, the engine didn't touch it, but it's coming off for cleaning, so i'll make sure it's the last thing to go back on once the engine's back in.

Comment

Hows your little "project" coming along lately mate... You`ve gone a bit quiet...

Worse than you expected??

Comment

Unfortunatley progress has been a bit slow, due to my mate Nick (who's re-building the engine for me), being swamped with loads of other work and then going off on holiday for three weeks!! But he's a really skilled bloke who charges me peanuts for the work he does, so I can't really complain!!

I've made a start cleaning up the engine bay and just bought a set of 7.5 four spokes to go on her, so should all be ready for when the engine's ready, which will hopefully be this side of christmas!!!

Comment

I always tell my boss "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!"

(come to think of it, why I am called EuroChimp on this Bulletin Board? Hmmmmm....)

Comment

I'll pop round sometime mate and see how it's going.. let me know when you're in dude.
                              Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Working...
                              X