Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS with a view to buy/resto

Hi all,

Gonna re-visit this local car this weekend....see if she'll part with it.
    No photos of under the bonnet, however, what do you think of condition and for a resto?

Ian.

that looks like it could be quite a project, savable but maybe expensive need to see under the hood

door skins, wing, sills ?

Comment

does look a bit messy under there, nice mudflaps though

Comment

My f***king good god
        Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

should keep you busy during the winter, if the money is right, buy it.

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John
            should keep you busy during the winter, if the money is right, buy it.

cheeRS

Any ideas as to the money?.......even a very rough gestimate of what not to go over maybe? I see all sorts of prices these days!

I did see under the bonnet the first time I saw it (no photos), it did turn over but battery was flat. Fitted with twin downdraughts.
            Didn't get long to feel/look around for rust, but there was still plenty white paint under the bonnet.

She wasn't sure she wanted to sell at that time........very emotionally attached. Asked me what I'd do with it, I guess scared I'd scrap it for spares. Said I'd come back in a few months.

Ian.

Comment

roll cage, buckets, harnesses, side draughts, Bilsteins, panhard rod, looks like a part time rally car / track day, those bits alone are worth a few bob or so, probably got some other bits n pieces also. Try £2500 and expect to go higher -as it looks as though you will have to spend that much again, depends how badly you want it and she doesnt want it really

cheeRS
              Last edited by graham John; 16-08-2006, 13:10.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IanJohnston
                Asked me what I'd do with it, I guess scared I'd scrap it for spares.
                Ian.
                tell her the truth, that you will restore it to its former glory

cheeRS
                sigpic

Comment

[quote=graham John]tell her the truth, that you will restore it to its former glory

AGREE WITH ABOVE BUT SHOW FOTOS TO HER AS WORK PROGRESSES ETC.....OR GO AROUND IN YOUR OWN MK2 TO SHOW YOUR A KEEN MK2 FAN

Comment

have we seen this one before..the lady used to do some rallying with her husband..she didnt want to part with the car originally, after he passed away??

Si

Comment

Originally posted by graham John
                      should keep you busy during the ice age, if the money is right, buy it.

cheeRS

Comment

Originally posted by roths
                        have we seen this one before..the lady used to do some rallying with her husband..she didnt want to part with the car originally, after he passed away??

Si
                        The very same........I've been back a few times but she's quite attached to it. However, now it's been sat outside for the past 10 months and it's starting to show......gotta be in with a chance.

Ian.

Comment

Working...
                        X